SJHP is a HUD Certified Housing Counseling Agency offering a two hour free Foreclosure Prevention Education Workshop, to teach you about the default and foreclosure process. There will be an attorney from the local legal aid office and nationally certified counselors to provide information and answer questions about your specific financial needs.
Whether you have questions about your credit, need help establishing a budget, buying a home or saving for your first home — you will find the answers at our workshops. We offer access to government funded programs, group classes and individual counseling to help you navigate complicated financial situations.
- Credit Counseling
Unsure how to repair bad credit or build good credit? Our counselors can help you improve your FICO credit. Once you build a solid payment history, you can manage debt, build credit, and obtain a mortgage with reasonable rates.
- Financial Literacy & Budgeting
Loans, mortgages, and credit can be complex. Our counselors help you learn money management
skills to keep your income balanced with your expenses, establish credit, pay down debt, and save for a home.
- First Time Home Buyer Education
Potential homeowners receive an 8-hour HUD Certified Course on all aspects of buying a home. We also offer affordability testing to match your budget with a mortgage. Other topics covered include: how to apply for a loan, negotiate a contract, understand your credit and the closing process.
- Foreclosure Prevention
Our free bi-weekly Foreclosure Prevention Education Workshops can help you understand how to prevent foreclosure. We have attorneys onsite to answer any legal questions you may have.
SJHP Housing Programs
- Home Affordable Modification Program — government loan modification program that can change the terms of your mortgage to lower your monthly payments and bring your loan current.
- In-House Modification Program — a program specific to each lender, providing modifications for homeowners who may not qualify for government programs.
- Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternative — allows for selling your home for less than what is owed or deeding it back to the lender. This option can release homeowners from shortages or deficiencies with their lenders.
- Florida Hardest-Hit Program — Federally funded program for homeowners who are unemployed or underemployed through no fault of their own, and are experiencing a financial hardship. Applicants who qualify may receive mortgage payment assistance and/or assistance to bring their delinquent first mortgage current. Please click here for more information.
After attending a Foreclosure Prevention Education Workshop, you will have a one-on-one meeting with an SJHP counselor to review the option that best meets your needs.
Foreclosure Prevention Education Workshop Information:
Where — Prosperity Bank Training Center, 790 N. Ponce de Leon Blvd, St. Augustine, FL 32084
When — every other Tuesday at 2pm
Contact our office for a class schedule or to make an individual appointment, 904-819-1266.
Please download (click here) and bring the documents to the workshop for review and to schedule your next counseling session.
By A www.autson.com