The first and perhaps major difference noticed by most all of the residents after their apartments have been weatherized is a reduction in their utility bills.
- A Clay County resident noted “a significant difference in my monthly electric bill per month by almost half. I compared my current bill to last year’s. Big change. The improvement is amazing!”
- A grateful Lake County recipient said: “Since this work was done, my bill has been cut in half.”
- “I work hard for my money. With the cost of every-thing going up, it’s nice to look forward to a lower electric bill. Thank you so much.”
- “My electric bill dropped by $70.”
- “Awesome good job. My utility bill dropped down 60 percent!”
- “My power bill has been cut in half thanks to the improvements. Now I can get things the kids need.
- “Everything smells better.”
- “I’ve noticed the apartment doesn’t get as dusty.”
- With the extra vents added, my apartment stays the same temperature throughout.”
- My kitchen window is in direct sunlight but now, with the tint, it stays cool all day.”
- The new air conditioner is so quiet.”
- “The hot water heater is great!”
- “Now with the cooler weather here, it helps to keep the warm in and the cold out.”
- “I’m saving money! I would like to see this program continue to help others.
You can make a difference in someone’s life today! Click here to learn how you can get involved with SJHP by giving time, talent or money.